Welcome to the first step in your path to learning Arabic and achieving an elevated understanding of the Qur’an.
Cambridge Islamic College's flagship diploma programme, the Diploma in Arabic & Islamic Studies, which we have been running for over a decade has now been re-imagined to make it even easier for you to learn Arabic and discover the beauty of the Islamic Sciences from the comfort of your home!
The programme has been divided into short modules. This module; Module One of eight modules is the first step toward earning your diploma.
Upon successful completion of modules 1 -4 you will receive the Certificate in Arabic & Islamic Studies and successful completion of modules 1 – 8 will earn you your Diploma.
At just a fraction of the cost of the original diploma course, this course is fantastic value for money!
Simply follow the handy study guide included and watch the pre- recorded lectures and tutorials. As you will be given access for 1 year, so you can take your time to complete the assigned reading and exercises for those lectures. You can pace yourself with no pressure to complete assigned tasks within a specified timeframe.
- This programme starts from a beginner level with Module 1, so anyone who is familair with the Arabic letters and vowels or can read Arabic without comprehension would really benefit from this course. The content is suitable for anyone studying at GCSE level and above.
- In this module Shaikh Akram himself will introduce to you the fundamentals of Nahw and Sarf, and the application of these rules via two very popular books.
- One is called Qasas-an-Nabiyyeen, which is written by Shaikh Akram’s teacher Shaikh Abul Hasan Ali An-Nadwi, which was a book written by Shaikh Abul Hasan to teach the Arabic language using simple language, and also using the best of stories, the stories of the Prophets, which makes it a very engaging read.
- The language starts very simple, the constructions are very simple, and as the reader progresses and reads more and more and more, the language gets more challenging.
- It is a very gradual way to learn the Arabic language and to apply the rules which Shaikh Akram is teaching from the beginning.
- The second book you will be reading from is called Arabiyyah-lil-Nasha’yeen, which is a series of stories and conversations whereby the student can apply the rules and learn the new vocabulary, which they can use in today’s society and utilise in conversational Arabic.
Umer Khan, U.S.A
Nadiya Takolia, United Kingdom
Dr. Omer Taha, United Kingdom
Alhamdulillah, learning Arabic language with Shaikh Akram Nadwi at Cambridge Islamic College has been a truly enlightening experience. The course is fast-paced, and this is exactly what I needed, alhamdulillah!
Learning Arabic with Shaykh Akram Nadwi has been a great experience so far. We are just ending our first term of the first year of this Two year Diploma and the progress in these 10 weeks has been simply outstanding Alhamdulillah!
It is a great honour and privilege to be taught by a scholar of such great rank, knowledge and humility. I am finding the course immensely rewarding in so many ways.